by Stephen Rudge
For instance, students needing a mental break before finals can go to a free relaxation seminar on Monday.
Floating on a Cloud, a 15 minute relaxation session, will offer students a chance to clear their minds before taking their tests.
“It is open to anybody who is feeling the stress of finals week and needs to relax for a few minutes, ” said Jenn Neely, coordinator of sophomore year programs.
Floating on a Cloud is one of several sessions available on campus to help students manage the end of the semester. From snacks to writing tutors to advice on how not to procrastinate, the staff in the Center for Leadership Calling and Service has several options for students who are feeling the crunch of finals week.
Some of the offerings include:
- Tutors will be available to help students one-on-one. An appointment is required. To make an appointment, contact Donna Gray at 248-1376 or email@example.com
- A workshop called “How Not To Procrastinate” is scheduled for Thursday, April 24 at 7 p.m. and Friday, April 25 at 10 a.m. No sign-up required.
- CLCS Academic Services will be open Sunday, April 27 from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. A writing tutor will be available from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. that night. Free snacks and coffee will also be available.
- Writing tutors will also be available Monday, April 28 from 3:30 to 5 p.m. and 6p.m. to 10 p.m. and Tuesday, April 29 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Floating on a Cloud relaxation session on Monday, April 28 at 4:30 p.m.