Elections for next years Student Government Association will begin Feb. 27.
SGA is composed of elected representatives, and is made of freshman, sophomore junior and senior class presidents, vice presidents, directors for social life, directors for social services, directors for student services and directors for communications.
SGA serves as a liaison between faculty, administration and student groups.
Dates to remember:
- Feb. 27: Petitions available at 11 a.m. available from Student Development
- Feb. 27: Informational meeting at 7 p.m. in CLCS room 120
- Feb. 29: Petitions due by 2 p.m. in Student Development
- Feb. 29: Office will check applicants GPA and Academic/Social Standing
- March 1: President’s Cabinet and Student Life Council meeting at 3 p.m. in Mackey Conference Room to approve candidates
- March 12: Campaign begins at 5 p.m.
- March 13: Speeches in chapel at 9:30 a.m.
- March 13-15: Voting at lunch and dinner at SGA booth
- March 15: Post results after 8 p.m.