Finding out final exam schedules, what’s happening on campus over the weekend or what’s for lunch will soon be easier for Trevecca students.
Trevecca’s new intranet site, MyTNU, will replace the old I.C.E. page during spring break.
The site, which is home to information on student life, administration, links to student forms, final exam schedules and much more, has been uncluttered and simplified and can be accessed more easily off campus by simply visiting http://mytnu.trevecca.edu.
When it goes live on March 7, the site no longer requires students and employees to go through Citrix to access the site. And although MyTNU will be accessed directly from the Internet, users will still have to log in with their user name and password.
“My philosophy with this move was that if we made it more accessible to students, they would hopefully visit it more often,” Scott Creel, chief information officer of Information Technology Services at Trevecca, said.
The I.C.E. page is the last application on campus that is not compatible with the newer Windows Server Operating Systems–the system under which Trevecca operates.
“We need to upgrade the operating system on all of our production servers to take advantage of newer, more secure features,” Creel said. “We need to move on as technology progresses.”
Some of the new features include:
- Streamlined homepage makes navigation easier.
- “Campus” and “Forms” links always remain on the left side of the screen for easy access.
- Campus announcements are clearly visible.
- “MyTNU Links” leads to calendar.
- “Departments” tab alphabetically lists departments on campus and leads to a Web site with the department’s information.
- “Student Life” tab leads to RHA and SGA links, which then leads to each association’s information page.
- Search box makes searching for information on the site easier, with new search options such as “This Site,” “All Sites” and “All Documents.”
- MyTNU site can be accessed off campus.
- When available, go to http://mytnu.trevecca.edu and log in with your username and password.
- A “Suggestion Box” will be available for users to inform the IT department on what features users would like to see on the new site.